Location Beijing, China
For the Chinese market: C-Class (standard and long versions), E-Class (long version), A-Class (long version), A35 L, GLA, GLB, GLC (long version), EQC, engines, batteries
Production start: 2005
Number of employees: > 13,000
Annual production figure: > 600,000
- Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), a Joint Venture between Daimler und BAIC Motor, a subsidiary of the Chinese partner BAIC Group, produces Mercedes-Benz passenger cars since 2005 and engines since 2013.
- BBAC is a very important part of the global production network of Mercedes-Benz.
- The all-electric Mercedes-EQ model EQC (combined power consumption: 21.5 kWh/100 km; combined CO₂ emissions: 0 g/km)  is being produced for the local market in China. Mercedes-Benz and BAIC have jointly set up local battery production at the existing location in the Yizhuang Industrial Park in Beijing (China). This supplies the nearby vehicle plant with battery systems for the EQC.
- From 2021 the site will produce three more Mercedes-EQ models for the local market.
- More than three-quarters of vehicles sold in China came from local production last year.
- In view of future growth opportunities in the Chinese automotive market local production at BBAC by Daimler and BAIC expanded. Last year production at a second production site in Beijing's Shunyi district in addition to the existing plant in the Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area started.
1 Electricity consumption was determined on the basis of VO 692/2008/EG. Power consumption depends on vehicle configuration. The figures are provided in accordance with the German regulation 'PKW-EnVKV' and apply to the German market only. Further information on official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO₂ emissions of new passenger cars can be found in the EU guide 'Information on the fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions and energy consumption of new cars', which is available free of charge at all sales dealerships, from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH and at www.dat.de.