Location Beijing, China
For the Chinese market: C-Class (standard and long version), E-Class (long version), A-Class (long version), A35L, GLA, GLB, GLC (long version), EQC1, engines, batteries
Production start: 2005
Number of employees: > 11,000
Annual production figure: > 560,000
- Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), a Joint Venture between Daimler und BAIC Motor, a subsidiary of the Chinese partner BAIC Group, produces Mercedes-Benz passenger cars since 2005 and engines since 2013.
- BBAC is an important part of the global production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- In 2019, BBAC became the first location in the Mercedes-Benz Cars global production network to reach an annual production rate of more than 560,000 vehicles.
- Moreover, in 2019, production of the Mercedes-Benz EQC1, the first locally produced premium electric vehicle in China, was successfully launched. The Mercedes-Benz EQC batteries are manufactured locally in a separate battery factory, which also started production in 2019.
- More than three-quarters of vehicles sold in China came from local production last year.
- In view of future growth opportunities in the Chinese automotive market, Daimler and BAIC will continue to expand local production at BBAC. With a joint investment, BBAC is preparing to operate a second production site in Beijing's Shunyi district in addition to the existing plant in the Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area.
1Combined power consumption: 20.8 – 19.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions, combined: 0 g/km*.
*The power consumption was determined based on Commission Regulation (EC) No. 692/2008. The power consumption is dependent upon the vehicle configuration.