Daimler Heritage: TOPICS FOR JULY 2010

Stuttgart, Jun 1, 2010
80 years ago – 18 and 19 July 1930: won the Grand Prix of Ireland – and in so doing, the Irish Times Trophy – driving a Mercedes-Benz SSK. His average speed for the 480-kilometre course was 139 km/h. The SSK was an advanced development of the SS model; with its 7-litre displacement, the engine developed 125 kW without and 165 kW with supercharger.
80 years ago – July 1930: A special-production Mercedes-Benz “Nürburg” 460 was delivered to Pope Pius XI. It was the brand’s first “Popemobile”.
50 years ago – 27 July 1960: The supervisory board of
Daimler-Benz AG authorised the purchase of 1.5 million square metres of industrial premises at Wörth near Karlsruhe. The plan was to build a new truck assembly plant. Five years later, on 14 July 1965, the first truck assembled there came off the production line, a .
20 years ago – 18 July 1990: Following the ground-breaking ceremony performed by Werner Niefer, then Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz AG, the foundation stone was laid for the new Rastatt plant. The official opening took place in late 1992.
 

Media

Back
  • D274353
    1844546_Vorschau_Juli2010_d.rtf
    1844546_Vorschau_Juli2010_d.rtf
  • D274354
    1844554_Vorschau_July2010_e.rtf
    1844554_Vorschau_July2010_e.rtf
Loading