Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Saloon, Estate, Coupé, Cabriolet), E-Class (Coupé and Cabriolet), GLC, GLC Coupé, GLC F-CELL, SL, SLC, EQC1
Foundation year: 1938
Number of employees: around 12,500
Annual production figure: > 410,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen is the region’s largest private employer, and the lead plant for the C-Class. Under the leadership of Bremen, the highest-volume model in the Mercedes-Benz portfolio is also produced in East London (South Africa), Tuscaloosa (United States) and by the BBAC joint venture plant in Peking (China).
- Bremen is also the lead plant for production of the GLC in the global production network.
- The location produces twelve models – the most variants within the production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- From 2019, the location will produce the EQC1, the first electric vehicle under the new product and technology brand EQ.
- In future, production in Bremen will cover the entire bandwidth of intelligent drive technologies.
- Also part of the location is the “gateway to the plant”, the Mercedes-Benz Customer Centre Bremen, where up to 150 vehicles are handed over each day. The Customer Centre is a popular venue for events in the region, and offers guided tours with various formats. One particular highlight is the off-road circuit “The Rock!”< /span>.
- In 2018, the Bremen plant celebrated its 40th anniversary and looked back on an eventful year. To mark the anniversary, 40,000 visitors attended the sold-out open-air concert on the Bremen site.
1Combined power consumption: 20.8 – 19.7 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km*.
*Power consumption and range were determined on the basis of Directive 692/2008/EC. Power consumption and range depend on the vehicle configuration.
Crop and add to the Download Center
Global Business Communications Mercedes-Benz Cars Powertrain Plants Untertürkheim, Berlin, Hamburg, Kölleda and Battery Production Network
+49 151 586 282 85