The handling characteristics of the new AMG GT can be modified by selecting from the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs: "Slippery", "Comfort", "Sport", "Sport+", "RACE" and "Individual". This changes important parameters such as engine and transmission response, steering characteristics, suspension damping, and sound. The programs are selected using the paddle in the centre console and then visualised in the instrument cluster and on the multimedia display.
- "Slippery": The new "Slippery" drive program is optimised for slippery road conditions, with reduced power and a flat torque curve.
- "Comfort": comfortable and fuel-efficient driving, e.g. thanks to very early upshifts. Suspension and steering are set up for an emphasis on comfort.
- "Sport": sporty characteristics thanks to a more agile response to the driver's accelerator pedal input, shorter shift times, earlier downshifts and significantly more emotive gearshifts owing to double de-clutching. A more dynamic suspension and steering set-up.
- "Sport+": extremely sporty characteristics thanks to an even more agile throttle response, increased acoustic emphasis on double de-clutching during downshifts as well as selective torque control on upshifts with cylinder suppression for optimal shift times. Increased idle speed for faster pulling away. An even more dynamic suspension, steering and powertrain set-up.
- "Individual": individual adjustment of the drive system, transmission, AMG DYNAMICS, suspension and exhaust system.
- "RACE" (not for AMG GT base model): The "RACE" drive program is designed for highly dynamic driving on closed race circuits. In this program, all of the parameters are configured for maximum performance.