Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
A-Class "Polar Star" special edition: A sporty and elegant arrival in time for spring
Mercedes-Benz has augmented its successful A-Class line-up by introducing the new "Polar Star" special edition – a harmonious combination of sporty looks and elegant touches. Since its launch in autumn 1997, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class has won over a total of some 1.35 million customers. Equipment and appointments for the "Polar Star" special edition include distinctive light-alloy wheels, special paint finishes and a selection of new fabrics and trim elements.
The "Polar Star" special edition sees Mercedes-Benz satisfying the wishes of many of its A-Class customers by including attractive accessories from the optional extras list as standard. In addition, the Stuttgart-based brand has further enhanced the visual appeal of the trend-setting compact car. Customers can save up to € 800, compared to the price of a standard model fitted with optional extras, depending on the chosen specification. There are three lines to choose from: CLASSIC, ELEGANCE or AVANTGARDE.
The new special edition is available in Saloon or Coupé guise and comes with a choice of three diesel engines (60 kW/82 hp to 103 kW/140 hp) and four petrol engines (70 kW/95 hp to 142 kW/193 hp).
Thanks to the unique sandwich concept, the new special-edition model delivers the same outstanding benefits as the rest of the A-Class range, such as renowned Mercedes occupant safety, exemplary economy of space and exceptional variability. The interior space, for example, can be extended up to a length of 2.75 metres whilst the load capacity can be increased to 1995 litres.
Furthermore, the A-Class sets new standards in terms of active safety and roadholding by virtue of innovations such as the parabolic rear axle with precise wheel location and excellent anti-roll control when cornering, not to mention a unique damping system which adapts the shock absorber response to the current driving situation, thus combining a high degree of ride comfort with dynamic handling.
Highlights of the "Polar Star" special edition include:
- An attractive sight and light package with automatically activated headlamps, a bulb failure indicator, a rain sensor for the windscreen wipers and a blue filter band for the windscreen
- Large 16-inch light-alloy wheels with new, dynamic seven-spoke styling
- Two new special metallic paint finishes – reef silver and mistral blue – or, as an alternative, cosmos black
- New door trim strips with a black matt/high-sheen effect and discreet genuine-metal edging
- Elegant brushed-aluminium trim elements on the centre console
- Leather multifunction steering wheel, gearshift lever and handbrake lever
- Cruise control
- Radio with CD player
- New-look, sporty seat fabric design
- New floor mats designed specifically for the limited-edition model, with silver-coloured edging and "Polar Star" logo. This logo is also displayed on the triangular panel in front of both exterior mirrors.