Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
OverviewAerodynamics: Against the windAssistance systems: Driving safely, reducing stressBodywork: More rigid and sturdy, saferChassis and suspension: Sportily agile and comfortableDesign: Sportiness meets beautyEngine and drive system: Efficiency and temperamentHighlights of the new C-Class CoupéInfotainment: A sensual pleasureInterior: Dynamics and modern luxuryMercedes connect me: connected with the carModel range: Sporty, comfortable, individualThe Mercedes-Benz management on the new C-Class CoupéThe new C-Class Coupé: Seduction of the heart and mindThe new Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé: The sportiest C-Class ever
Nov 10, 2015
Under the name "Mercedes connect me", Mercedes-Benz offers an extensive package of free standard services via a KOM module integrated into the vehicle. This module also makes it possible to use the fee-based Remote Online services. The range of services is being expanded continuously.
The free standard services include automatic emergency call (eCall), Accident Recovery, Breakdown Management and Maintenance Management. In an accident, the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system automatically connects the occupants with the Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call Centre and sends the position and condition of the vehicle to the rescue operations centre. A rescue vehicle can then be dispatched immediately. The system can also be triggered manually.
The "Mercedes connect me” standard services also include:
- Accident Recovery – after the Mercedes-Benz emergency call, the system connects to the Customer Assistance Centre so that additional assistance can be requested, where necessary, to deal with an accident, e.g. a tow truck.
- Breakdown Management – provides technical assistance in the event of a breakdown. To this end, the position and condition of the vehicle are transmitted to the Customer Assistance Centre, which informs Mercedes‑Benz Service 24h. This allows the Mercedes-Benz Service 24h to provide fast and optimal help.
- Maintenance Management – the vehicle detects and reports pending maintenance needs and sends the necessary data to the service outlet as the basis for preparing a service quote.
- Telediagnostics – the vehicle detects the need for replacement of diagnostics-capable wear parts and reports this to the service outlet. The service outlet contacts the customer to arrange a workshop appointment. The previously transmitted data enable the workshop to provide optimal assistance.
Connected to the car via internet
The optional extra Remote Online (standard with COMAND Online and free to use for the first three years) allows drivers to connect to their vehicle from anywhere and at any time via "mercedes.me“ to retrieve vehicle data and remotely activate various vehicle functions. With the new Mercedes me app, this also works with iOS and Android smartphones as well as with the Apple Watch.
The optional Remote Online services include:
- Parked Vehicle Locator – allows the vehicle position to be determined, for example, if the vehicle was parked in an unfamiliar city. This makes it possible to conveniently find the vehicle within a range of 1.5 kilometres with the help of a smartphone.
- Vehicle Tracker – enables the latest position of a moving vehicle to be pinpointed via GPS. The driver has a display in the vehicle and can deactivate the service at any time with a toll-free call to the Customer Assistance Centre.
- Geofencing – shows where the vehicle is in an area previously defined on the map and informs the owner if the car leaves or enters this area. Like the Vehicle Tracker, this service can also be deactivated by the driver at any time.
- Remote door locking and unlocking – allows opening or closing the vehicle doors remotely, for example, if the driver forgets to lock the vehicle. Remote Retrieval of Vehicle Status – vehicle data such as fuel level, range and more can be accessed from home or while on the road.
- Programming of Auxiliary Heating – if the vehicle is equipped with auxiliary heating, all functions such as starting, switching off or programming of the timer can be controlled online via a smartphone.