|Model||Rated output |
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h |
|Max. speed |
|Combined CO2 emissions NEDC |
|CO2 efficiency class |
|Combined consumption NEDC |
(automatic) l/100 km
|GLE 300 d 4MATIC||180 ||7.2||225||169 – 1 61||A||6.4 – 6 .1|
|GLE 350 d 4MATIC||200 ||6.6||230||198 – 184||B||7.5 – 7.0|
|GLE 400 d 4MATIC||243 ||5.7||245||199 – 184||B||7.5 – 7.0|
|GLE 450 4MATIC||270 + 16 |
[367 + 22]1
|5.7||2502||214 – 190||B||9.4 – 8.3|
1combustion engine + EQ Boost, 2electronically limited
Modern luxury both on and off the road: this is the design message of the new GLE, already communicated by its proportions with a long wheelbase, short overhangs and large, flush fitted wheels. A fully variable all-wheel-drive system (torque on demand) is being offered for the first time for vehicles with six- and eight-cylinder engines. This makes the GLE even more agile and safe on the road. With the optional off-road package, likewise fully variable all-wheel drive with a low and high range is available as a world first. This makes the GLE more off-road capable than ever.
- The active E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL suspension is combined with the AIRMATIC air suspension system. This is the only system in the market that can individually control spring and damping forces at each wheel.
- Thanks to its extended exhaust aftertreatment with an additional underfloor SCR catalyst, the six-cylinder OM 656 diesel engine is already certified to the Euro 6d standard incl. RDE Stage 2, which will not become mandatory for new models until 01.01.2020.
- Its 80 mm longer wheelbase of almost three metres (2.995 mm) especially benefits rear seat passengers, who now have well over one metre of legroom. A fully electrically adjustable second seat row is available on request.
- Optional Interior Assist allows intuitive, natural operation of various comfort and MBUX functions by recognising hand gestures by the driver and front passenger.
- With Cd values from 0.29, the new GLE has the lowest aerodynamic drag of any SUV in the market.
Further information on fuel consumption
|Model||Urban consumption(automatic) l/100 km||Extra-urban consumption (automatic) l/100 km|
|GLE 300 d 4MATIC||7.3 – 7.0||5.9 – 5.4|
|GLE 350 d 4MATIC||9.2 – 8.4||6.6 – 5.9|
|GLE 400 d 4MATIC||9.2 – 8.4||6.6 – 5.9|
|GLE 450 4MATIC||12.6 – 10.5||7.6 – 6.9|