Affalterbach. To mark the launch of the new AMG GT 4-Door Coupé in September 2018, Mercedes-AMG will be offering an Edition 1 model for a limited period of 12 months only. By emphasising the sporty aspects of the exterior and reinforcing the high-quality finish of the interior, this model offers even more exclusivity and distinctive appeal. The AMG Aerodynamics Package and the foil applications underline the affinity between this latest member of the AMG GT family and the world of motorsport. In conjunction with the 21-inch AMG cross-spoke forged wheels, the paintwork in designo graphite grey magno, diamond white bright or graphite grey metallic immediately draws the eye. The interior is made even more sportily exclusive by AMG Performance seats in Exclusive nappa leather in magma grey/ black with yellow contrasting topstitching, while the AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre with yellow contrasting topstitching and the AMG matt carbon-fibre trim add further highlights. The limited-edition model is available as the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1, featuring the 470 kW (639 hp) top-of-the-range V8 engine (combined fuel consumption 11.2 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions 256 g/km)1.
Superb longitudinal and lateral dynamics and a striking silhouette with classic proportions mean that the Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupé lines up in the portfolio alongside its two-door brothers. As the first four-door AMG GT model, it furthermore combines high everyday comfort with many options for individualisation and the very latest in sports car engineering.
The Aerodynamics Package for the Edition 1 encompasses such features as a larger front splitter and integrated flics in the front apron, an enhanced demand-optimised diffuser and a fixed rear spoiler, the blade of which can be mechanically adjusted. The driver is thus able to adjust the balance of lift and the driving characteristics to suit individual preference or the specific circumstances. The perfectly coordinated interaction between the various elements serves to optimise aerodynamic efficiency.
Compared with the standard vehicle with its adjustable spoiler extended to the maximum, at 300 km/h an additional 30 kilograms of aerodynamic downforce press the rear axle down onto the road. The larger front splitter also reinforces the effect of the AIRPANEL active air management system: if the adjustable louvres are closed, the lift at the front axle is further reduced.
Another advantage of the complex work that has gone into this Package: the Cd value is even lower, despite the higher downforce. This win-win combination improves both the longitudinal and the lateral dynamics as experienced by the driver on the road or race track.
The Edition 1 is available exclusively for the top-of-the-range Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ 4‑Door Coupé, which features the most powerful version of the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with an output of 470 kW (639 hp). This allows a top speed of 315 km/h and can propel the car from a standing start to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds.
The Edition 1 in summary
- Available for a limited period of 12 months from market launch
- Meticulously coordinated equipment and appointments for exterior and interior emphasise exclusivity and dynamism
- Available for top-of-the-range AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ model
Exterior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Aerodynamics Package including larger front splitter and integrated flics in the front apron, enhanced demand-optimised diffuser and fixed rear spoiler with mechanically adjustable blade
- Paintwork in designo graphite grey magno, diamond white bright or graphite grey metallic
- AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey (foil) on the sides above the side sill panels; with the paint finishes designo graphite grey magno and graphite grey metallic, additional sports stripes on the bonnet, roof and tailgate (optionally deselectable)
- 21-inch AMG cross-spoke forged wheels, painted matt black and with a high-sheen finish
Interior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Performance seats with Memory Package
- Upholstery in Exclusive nappa leather in magma grey/black with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre with yellow contrasting topstitching, yellow 12 o'clock marking and "Edition 1" badge, steering wheel bezel including control buttons and AMG shift paddles in black chrome, additional AMG switches on steering wheel
- AMG matt carbon-fibre trim
- Seat belts in yellow
- Door centre panels in nappa leather in magma grey
- Armrests in the door and on the centre console in nappa leather in magma grey
- Upper section of instrument panel and door beltlines in black nappa leather with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AIR-BALANCE Package with new, dedicated "AMG #63" fragrance
- Illuminated AMG door sill panels
- Edition-specific floor mats in black with leather band with "AMG" lettering and yellow topstitching
Further equipment and appointment options for the Edition 1
If so desired, the limited-edition model can be further individualised with additional optional elements. Such options include:
- AMG Night Package
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre Package 2
- AMG high-performance ceramic braking system
- High-Class rear seat
The Edition 1 will celebrate its world premiere during the ADAC Zurich 24h Race at Germany's Nürburgring this coming weekend and will be available to order from summer 2018. The first vehicles will be delivered to customers from September 2018.
Technical data at a glance
Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1
4.0-litre V8 with direct injection and twin turbochargers
470 kW (639 hp) at 5500-6500 rpm
900 Nm at 2500-4500 rpm
AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with variable torque distribution and Drift Mode
AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G
Fuel consumption combined
11.2 l/100 km1
Combined CO2 emissions
2045 kg*/ 2120 kg**
Acceleration 0-100 km/h
1 The stated (provisional) figures were determined in accordance with the prescribed measuring method. These are the "NEDC CO2 figures" according to Art. 2 No. 1 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153. The fuel consumption figures were calculated on the basis of these figures. * Kerb weight according to DIN, not including driver ** Kerb weight according to EC, including driver (75 kg)